Monday 26 April 2010

The After



About two weeks ago, I did a post about a set of craft drawers I have in my work space, that are really plain. I had seen a photo of a friend's craft space, with paper-covered drawers and patterned letters on the shelves. So, inspired, I did 'the before' post, with the forlorn looking plain pink drawers, and now, finally, here is 'the after'! I've had these drawers nearly ten years, and I think they've been painted nearly every colour of the rainbow. As I covered them, I could see remnants of yellow, lime, blue, purple and red paint.
Paper makes such a difference though, such a different look.
The cloudy and flower papers are from a stall at a papercrafts fair. Even though we own a craft shop, we still visit other shops as customers, because it is impossible for any craft shop to stock everything; there are so many brands and new craft innovations out there. So inevitably, I have a lot of paper that I can't use easily, because if I put it on samples I'd be asked if we had it in stock. So, an opportunity to use it as drawer 'wallpaper' :)
The striped paper is ours, however - it's from the K&Co Margo collection, and in our sale section, absolute gem. Full of pretty floral stripes, matches the current fashion trend of pretty, pastelly, lacy.

Can't believe it took me two weeks to get them
done, that's ridiculous! If you don't get these sort of home decor things done straight away, something else crops up and the paint and paper gets tidied away. Woops.











Another make recently was this house. Not my make, my mum's, the head crafter. This sample is hung up in the shop, and is made from three My Mind's Eye Papers that we have in store at the mo: the gingham, green spotty, and the flowers. The flowers are on a striped paper, with other strips on it including a strip of birds in a row. It's so pretty.
The 'Home Sweet Home' is from Doodlebug rub-ons, a classic product. So adaptable, there's lots of letters on the rub-on sheet, plus lots of letters can be adapted into other letters, if you run out.





The scallop edge on the bottom of the roof is from one of our Woodware Chippies sets, with Ranger Shabby Shutters Crackle Paint on top of it.
And the handle to hold it up is red wire, with raffia wrapped around it, then little pieces of ribbon tied around. All in store.



Had to show it, I love these paper, and it just looks so cheerful.

Back soon with more!

Happy Crafting, looking forward to seeing the ladies for the stamping class on Thursday x























No comments:

Post a Comment