Sunday 17 January 2010

Prompt #23 for Creative Type


Wow, where did the time go this week: I have had my layout for the first Creative Type prompt of 2010 (newspaper!) on my desk for the past week and half, only, it's been in bits. String and random letters and stray newspaper slowly buried under a heap of other new projects I've started this week. So, finally, rather very very last minute, is my layout.
It's called 'Girl', because it's about my resolutions
for 2010, and the whole ethos of my little resolutions is to generally, well, be a GIRL (despite having gone all gothic with newly dyed black hair). My resolutions are:
Work Hard, play hard.
Read aplenty.
Learn to walk in high heels!
See friends.
Craft to excess.
Grow curves :)

I have included newspaper in two ways: behind
the 'GIRL' letter slogan, and I also put newspaper through a Martha Stewart doily lace punch, from our craft shop. My floor is covered in the little dots that come from the punch. It's like confetti, quite pretty really!
I also used a crafter's 'newspaper' perspective: I used some old book pages. I put them through my mum's cuttlebug for the tags, and stuck a piece below the letters. From a 1928 children's annual, so I suppose it is a 'news' sort of book, and also recycling. and kept the recycling vibe with some added string.

Thanks for looking! :-X








3 comments:

  1. Wow, such a great page for this prompt! Thank you so much for playing with us!!

    xx,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for playing along at The Creative Type! I love how you punched the newspaper! I may have to get that punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for looking! And yeah I recommend the punches, you can't beat a bit of lace punch :)

    ReplyDelete