Monday 3 September 2012

Here comes Christmas in September!

Here comes Christmas in September! Sad but true, us crafters have to start early and I know lots of you will be well on the way with your Christmas card making already.
 In between though one has to make lots of different cards for different occassions," Grandparents" being the occassion of late. This card below, was similar to one that we made on the August class- Only Boys Allowed, but I changed the colours and added a lovely spotted button that sat behind the circle apperture. I spotted the buttons (sorry about the pun) in Dunelm Mill when I was looking for some bedding for Leannes newly decorated room. There where lots of different colours and sizes of spotted and striped buttons. One can never have too many buttons!
 
 
 
 
 
This card was for one of my crafting ladies whose daughter had a baby boy! Their first grandchild

.Anyway back to the Christmas theme....


Berries that's a good start! When I was thinking of what to do for the Christmas classes I was sat outside on one of my benches where we get all the sun (the little bit that we have had, that is) looking around the garden and noticed all the red things out at the moment. I love berries, these particular ones come after the lovely yellow flowers of the Hypericum, of which there are a few different varieties in my garden.
Red leaves as well, all a sign of Autumn is on it's way which is one of my favourite seasons for colour in the garden. 
Lots more red but not sure where this plant came from, must be the birds that brought it in, like the colour though, the dark green of the leaves and the very red berries...very Christmasy...


Sorry this picture is a little blurd, but I took this one earlier this morning, trying my best to tip toe so the Red Admiral wouldn't fly off before I took this photo...
 
Believe it or not the red,although looks orange on this picture, was very, very red when I took it!! We have a bit over big Buddlia tree that has been covered in butterflies of late, which is nice to see. Charlie, my cat, sits underneath looking up at them for ages wondering why he can't catch one.. Luckily he is a little slow... Shows how you can easily get distracted when you are in the garden, but it's a passion just as card making and crafting is. A nice distraction.........

Where was I?.............. Christmas........White....
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stamped the Christmas trees at the back of this card and layered up one of them and added acetate that has snow flakes all over it to the front of the card....
 
 
 
My second card has a wreath theme in white,with punched out holly leaves and bright green spotted paper as a background, building the holly leaves
 around the apperture....
 
 


My third sample is again white themed and embossed with a poinsettia and garland, finishing off with a few pearls...


                                                                          

Hope you like the samples of my first Christmas classes:-

Sat. 20th Oct...     White themed Christmas
Sat. 27th Oct....    White themed Christmas

My second set of Christmas cards will be in November and I will put the samples on the blog as soon as I have finished them....

Sat. 17th Nov.  and Sat. 24th Nov.

Please let me know if you would like to attend any of the above classes by emailing me at:- craftyhearts@hotmail.co.uk

All my classes are held at St. Cuthberts Church, in the Douglas Hall, Lytham Road, Fulwood.
10.30am- 3pm...  £23.00... includes everything except your lunch...plenty of tea/coffee and chat.

That's all for now, take care and happy crafting whatever you are doing...
  Jennifer x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment