Tuesday 6 October 2009

Thank you card


First card of the week: a thank you card. I am really into cutting shapes out of cards and artwork using a craft knife. Maybe you could describe it as stencil-like, or a doily effect. Lots of scrapbooking brands seem to be making paper that is laser die-cut in the same way, but I like to do some myself, as you can choose your own pattern. Here, I have drawn the word 'thanks', then carefully cut it out with a craft knife. 'Tis fiddly, but worth it. The edge of each cut letter is coloured with an orange ink marker, just to draw your attention from any 'fuzzy' cut edges. I then stuck a piece of Nutmeg paper from the Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice collection beneath the word, and hand stitched sheer chocolate ribbon onto the card. The flower/leaf embellishment is cut from Moon Pie paper (Pink Paislee's Vintage Moon collection), and is raised on foam pads. On the other side of the card, I stuck another piece of the (check) Nutmeg paper behind the word 'thanks', but on foam pads, so that you can see the word is cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment